The Games Journal is a non-commercial organization that largely relies on submissions from readers for its content. As such we encourage anyone with an interest in board games to consider writing on a topic that interests them. A quick look through the Archives will give you an idea of the sort of thing we're looking for.
- Subject matter—if it's related to boardgames, we're interested in it. Don't be dissuaded because you feel your idea is too academic or narrowly focused or "nit-picky". If you're interested enough to write it, it's sure to be interesting enough that somebody will want to read it.
- Any format is acceptable but straight text is the most convenient. However, it's encouraged to do whatever is easiest for you.
- Length is not an issue at all but sometimes it's comforting to writers to have a target word count. In these cases 1000 words is suggested.
- If you want a photo of yourself to accompany the article please send one along. If you'd prefer not to have a photo, that's fine as well.
- Writers retain all copyright to their work. We do ask that if you republish it that you mention its previous publication here. Our preference is that any article not be republished for 6 months from the date of publication on The Games Journal. Also, if the article has already been published elsewhere please inform us of this so that we can include this information with the article.
If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snail mail can be sent to:
Editor, The Games Journal
c/o Greg Aleknevicus
2737 Gamble Dr.
Victoria, BC V9B 4W4
- Greg Aleknevicus